Requirements for a marriage license to be issued in
- Both applicants must be at least 17 years of age. In the
State of Nebraska you can not marry if you are under 17.
- Parental consent is required for applicants who are
under age 19. The parental consent forms are available at
the County Clerk’s office.
- Both applicants must supply a form of photo
identification (Example: Drivers license or passport).
- Will need to know the birthplace of both the bride and
- Will need to know both parents full names, mother’s
maiden name, and birthplaces.
- The bride or groom must provide their Social Security
Numbers, if they have one. Applicants who do not have a
Social Security Number must complete a form provided by the
Clerk asserting they do not have a Social Security Number.
- If either applicant has a previous marriage, you will
need to know the date the marriage ended. (Date of divorce
decree or date of death.)
- There are no blood tests required in the State of
- Marriage licenses are good for one (1) year from the
date of issuance.
- The applicants may apply for their marriage license in
any county in Nebraska and use it to be married in any
County in Nebraska.
- The fee to receive a marriage license is $25.00.
To receive a certified marriage license for a marriage license
issued in Boone County, send a $9.00 check or money order and the
- Name of groom
- Name of bride (including maiden name)
- Month, day and year of marriage
(You must have received your marriage license in Boone County for
us to send you a certified copy.)
Boone County Clerk
222 S 4th Street
Albion, NE 68620-1247
The fee for a
marriage license is $25.00.
Certified Copy of a Marriage Record is $9.00.